1. What is TelCan?
2. How long has TelCan been in business?
3. How reliable are your services?
4. What kind of products and services can I
5. How soon can I start using your services?
6. How will I know when my account is active?
7. How often do you change rates?
8. Can I cancel my service any time without
9. What options do I have to contact customer
10. Can I manage my account online?
11. How will I be billed and how often?
12. What are my bill payment options?
13. Are there other fees charged on my account?
14. In what currency will I be charged?
15. How can I view my account balance?
16. How can I resolve billing disputes?
17. What is the callback service?
18. Can I use callback service from any country?
19. Can I use callback from a hotel or office
20. Can I initiate calls from my computer?
21. Can I manage my calls online?
Dial Around Service
22. What is the Dial Around service?
23. How does it work?
24. From which countries can I use the Dial
25. Can I use Dial Around from cellular phones?
26. What if I call from a telephone number
other than my registered number?
Toll Free Service
27. What is an enhanced toll free service?
28. What features do you offer for call centers?
29. What important features do you offer for
30. Can I view call details at any time?
31. How long it takes to get a toll free number
32. Can I transfer my existing toll free number
to TelCan? If so, what is required and how long would it take?
33. Where can I receive calls from?
34. How long does it take to program the ring-to
35. Can I have the toll free number re-directed
to my cellular phone?
36. Can I program my toll free number to an
37. Do you offer special discounts to high
38. How can I request a specific toll free
39. Is there a difference between 800, 888,
877, 855 and 866 numbers?
TelCan is a facility-based telecom service provider
that specializes in value-added long-distance services. Because
our services are primarily marketed through an extensive network
of master agents and online affiliates, TelCan is able to
provide services at rates much cheaper than the competition's.
long has TelCan been in business?
TelCan has been in business since 1997. Since then,
we have steadily been developing and improving our offerings.
reliable are your services?
With 24/7 on-site monitoring, real-time diagnostics, and reporting,
our system is designed to function under the toughest mission-critical
conditions. Fully redundant switching platforms and web servers
located at strategic bandwidth hubs in New York and Toronto
also help to ensure that downtime is all but eliminated.
[ Top ]
kind of products and services can I order online?
You can order dial-around
long distance, enhanced toll free service, international callback,
click-to-talk buttons, and prepaid phone cards.
soon can I start using your services?
After submitting your order, we will perform a credit
check. Assuming everything is okay with your credit check,
you should be able to start within a few short hours.
will I know when my account is active?
We will send you an email to inform you when your
service has been activated.
often do you change rates?
International rates are being reduced generally twice a year.
Whether or not you're a customer, you can sign up for our
newsletter to keep abreast of changes to rates.
I cancel my service any time without incurring penalties?
Yes, just contact us and inform us that you want to cancel
options do I have to contact customer service?
You can contact us by phone, email, or fax. You
can also interact with our customer service center using click-to-talk
buttons from our web site.
I manage my account online?
Yes, you can use our eCare service free of charge. This is
an online account management system that allows you to:
- View your current invoice
- Change your billing profile
- Add new services instantly to your existing account
- Change your registered number
- Place calls directly from your desktop
- Download call details into an application of your choice.
- With the click of a button, place calls conveniently from
will I be billed and how often?
Every month, you will be notified by email that
your invoice has been posted online.
are my bill payment options?
You can pay with Visa, Mastercard ,or Amex. You can also open
a prepaid account and make payments to TelCan using Western
Union QuickPay or wire transfers.
there other fees charged on my account?
Applicable taxes will be added to you invoice.
In what currency will I be charged?
will be charged in US Dollars. Canadian customers will be charged
in Canadian Dollars.
can I view my account balance?
you access your eCare account online, you will be able to
view your current balance.
[ Top ]
can I resolve billing disputes?
You can contact email@example.com
or contact our customer care center at 1-888-6TELCAN (1-888-683-5226).
is the callback service?
The Callback service is an automated call return system.
Every customer is given a unique access number (also called
DID). Each DID has a callback number programmed to it. Whenever
the DID rings once, TelCan's system recognizes the account
number and immediately calls the user back. When the user
picks up the call and hears a voice prompt inviting him or
her to place a phone call, the user then makes the call to
any destination in the world at TelCan's discounted
I use callback service from any country?
Any working telephone number from anywhere in the world can
be programmed for callback service.
I use callback from a hotel or office extension?
Yes, you can program the callback service to automatically dial
room numbers or extensions after the inbound call has been answered.
You can even record voice greetings that instruct a live attendant
to transfer the incoming call.
I initiate calls from my computer?
Yes, we have a web trigger you can use to initiate
calls from your PC. Simply enter your access number and destination
number, press the CALL button and in a few seconds you will
receive a callback and will immediately connect to your destination
I manage my calls online?
Yes, you can see your call details in just a few
seconds after the call has been completed.
is the Dial Around service?
Dial Around is a long distance service that requires you to
enter a toll free number before placing your outbound call.
This way you will bypass your long distance carrier charges.
does it work?
How it works is simple. Call a toll free number assigned by
TelCan, wait for a dialtone, then place your destination call.
which countries can I use the Dial Around service?
At this time, Dial Around can only be used from
Canada and the US.
Can I use Dial Around from cellular phones?
if I call from a telephone number other than my registered
If you call from a different phone number, the system
will prompt you to enter your PIN code. Using this method,
you can make calls from anywhere in North America.
is an enhanced toll free service?
This is a service that provides a stand-alone toll free number
with advanced telephony and routing features. These features
are designed to enhance your customer experience as well as
your business productivity and call control.
features do you offer for call centers?
For large call centers, load distribution and intelligent
routing based on captured data is particularly important.
What important features do you offer for small businesses?
small businesses and home offices, other features are more important.
For example, find-me allows you to ring multiple numbers at
once, and the virtual office option enables you to program office
greetings and virtual extensions with voice mail.
I view call details at any time?
Yes, you can view and download call details using our eCare
online manager. Every call contains the caller ID and is posted
in just a few seconds after completion. We also provide online
reporting tools to help you measure your sales and marketing
[ Top ]
long it takes to get a toll free number from TelCan?
You can get a toll free number instantly upon placing
your order online.
I transfer my existing toll free number to TelCan? If so,
what is required and how long would it take?
You can transfer your toll free number to TelCan and enjoy
our features and savings. Transferring your existing toll
free number to TelCan could take up to 2 weeks.
You are required to fax us a Resp-Org form, which can be printed
from our web site.
can I receive calls from?
You can receive calls from anywhere in Canada, US
and US offshore territories.
long does it take to program the ring-to number?
You can do so almost instantly. First, call our menu system
or login to your online account to change the ring-to number
to any other location.
I have the toll free number re-directed to my cellular phone?
Can I program my toll free number to an international number?
one great feature of our toll free service is that you can program
it to any location in the world.
you offer special discounts to high volume users?
if you are a high volume user, you can provide us a recent
invoice and we'll do everything possible to beat your current
toll free rates.