Telcan has developed a number of e-commerce modules designed to enhance
your online business. From prepaid card storefronts with real-time transactions
to online management sites for your clients and business partners, these
modules will increase the functionality of your online business.
In addition, if you already have a website and just need to increase functionality,
Telcan will provide you with integration APIs that will allow you to
retrieve and update data from our servers to your online site.
Enhanced Retail Site
With the Enhanced Retail Site you can add products from your Master
Portal to be sold online. Your retail site will read all pricing and
features dynamically from your master account.
Here are the main items included in this module:
- 10 Static Pages
- All services available: Digital Phone (Voip), Prepaid PIN, Virtual PBX,
- Multi Products Dynamic Rate and Plan Calculator
- 2 APIs included: getProducts, getRates
- Rate Calculator extension on main page (if required)
- Shopping Cart - Auto provisioning of Product Plans, DIDs and prepaid
- 3 Dynamic Pages with Product IDs
- 4 APIs included: getAreaCodes, setClientAccount, getClientAccount,
- Contact page that when submitted turns into email
- 5 private email addresses
- 4 year private SSL certificate
Here is an example of enhanced retail site: http://www.itellway.com
What are Promo Codes?
Promo codes are personal IDs that users and agents get assigned upon
subscription. End users can give out to friends and both receive extra
credit. Agents can advertise their promo code in any media so that
visitors who enter their promo code in your web site will receive extra
credit, while the agent acquires the visitor.
Free Trial Credits
This application allows you use the Promo codes described above to
manage free trial credits for your prepaid products. Using the promo
codes, you can easily control the total credit limit for your agents as
well as the individual limit per user. Our system will keep a log of every
phone number saved in the system to avoid frauds on duplicate “free
credits” given to the same user.
Recharge IVR by credit card or voucher
The IVR recharge is an automated system where customers can request a
recharge or payment to their account. This function can be used with a
number of applications. For example, you can provide promotional calling
cards that contain free minutes. When the free minutes are exhausted, the
system will prompt to recharge using a PIN voucher or credit card. If user
chooses credit card, the system will create a new end user profile and
enter the appropriate contact and payment information.
Here is how the IVR works:
- The user calls the access number to make a phone
- When the account balance is below the auto-charge
balance, the system plays the message: “Your current balance is XX,
to recharge press 1, to continue press 2”.
- After customer chooses the recharge option, the
system will play “To recharge using your credit card, press 1, to
recharge using a voucher or calling card, press 2”.
- If the user chooses the credit card option, the
system will get the credit card information, home phone number, zip
code and requested amount. If the transaction is not successful, there
is an option to transfer to a live agent.
- If customer chooses the voucher, he/she will enter
the voucher/calling card number and the system will transfer the
balance to his current account.
The IVR recharge option is enabled on the access
number level. In order to use the credit card option, we need to enable a
payment gateway with your merchant ID for live credit card transactions.
Point of Sale IVR Activation
The POSA IVR allows retailers to perform automated
activations and recharges thru the phone. The agent will call an access
number and subscribe new clients or recharge existing ones.
This application works the same way as the web-based
POSA, only that the agent uses the phone instead of the web site. Here are
the main steps:
- The agent calls a specified access number.
- Enters the agent ID and passcode.
- Enters 1 for new activation or 2 for recharge.
- The funds get transferred from the agent’s
credit line to the user account and the transaction record is created.
Order Processing / Account Activation
- When new orders are placed through your web site, a client account
is created simultaneously in our servers. Telcan will develop an API
that will create a client account, activate a PIN and setup all parameters
for the PIN (ANI, language, billing increment, auto-recharge value, etc.).
- A request for charge will be sent to your merchant through another
API (see Merchant Interaction).
- At any time all pending orders will be shown with the results from
the merchant request (if card has been charged, declined, stolen card,
etc.). Similarly, the fraud check result will be displayed (see Fraud
Check session). If all results are positive, you can just activate account
and send a preformatted welcome email with a click of a button.
Online Client Management
- Your clients will have access to a secure, branded site to manage their
- Here are some of the features: add payment, view payment records,
view call log, change preferences such as registered ANI numbers, languages,
auto-recharge value, view news and announcements from your company.
- Allocate IP address with SSL security.
Payment Processor Interaction
Telcan will develop an API that will interact with your online Payment
Processor. The API will be used for new orders, manual recharges and auto-recharges.
Client’s online Payment Processor will provide Telcan with the
necessary parameters and formats for sending charge requests.
The DirectCall application allows users to place direct calls from their
mobile phone. The user would find their contact in their mobile device
Contact List, and then simply make a direct call by pressing the Call or
Each contact in the user’s phone book will have a unique local number
saved with the name. Users simply call the local number and the call gets
instantly forwarded to their international destination number.
Here is how it works:
- The user calls the regular access number associated with a prepaid
calling application and is asked to dial the international destination
- After the call is complete, the user receives a text message informing
of the new local number associated with the international number he just
- The user will save the local number with the name of his contact in his
mobile phone. Ever time he needs to call the international number, he will
find the contact in the Contacts list of his device and press Call.
- The actual international destination numbers are saved in the platform
and users can find them thru the online portal
In the order process, new clients are asked to provide cardholder’s
home telephone number.
- Clients will be provided with an order confirmation number.
- In order to activate a new account, cardholder will call a specific
toll free number provided by Telcan. An IVR will ask cardholder to provide
the order confirmation number.
- The system will grab the ANI on the inbound toll free call and look
for a match between cardholder’s zip code and the caller’s
Area Code / Exchange. The result will be posted in Pending Orders.
- The system will run pending orders against a fraud database collected
from 7 years business. It will look for match in IP address, email address
and ANI. The result will be posted in Pending Orders.
Prepaid Agent Management Site
Your prepaid agents can login to your private label site and manage their
own groups of prepaid batches online. They can activate and recharge accounts
or batches, print receipts, run usage/payment reports and retrieve call
You can setup affiliates instantly online. Your affiliates can market
your products with mirror sites. You can provide them with login access
so they can track their commissions and run sales reports.
Custom Voice Prompts
You would be able to add your own custom voice prompts, including promotional
Telcan Live APIs
API stands for application program interface. It is IT industry standard
term used for computers applications that provide live connection to products
and services of a company to outside world using a special protocol.
Telcan API provides live access to products and services of Telcan
to third parties to produce different visual interfaces. Through an API
a reseller can create an account manager for his clients on his remote
site on any platform that can provide access to Internet using secure
Telcan has been developing and improving APIs since long time. Our team
is constantly working on improving the quality and quantity of service
through API’s. Currently we are providing following services through
1) Create or maintain a Client Account
2) Add products and services in an account (e.g. lines, DIDs or PINs)
3) Retrieve Real-time call details
4) Triggering a call
5) Re-charging lines (or Pins) and accounts.
6) Managing and deleting Products and services from an account
7) Retrieve PIN parameters such as rates, fees, denominations, etc.
How does an API work?
Telcan provide an easy to use and globally available standard for APIs.
Our APIs are accessible through internet using a standard URL for example
if you would like to create an account from your remote site or application
on our system, you will simply call a URL
like https://support.Telcan.net/secure/api/CreateClientAccount.asp along
with the new client information using query string or posting data to
What types of platform supported by Telcan APIs?
Telcan APIs are accessible through a URL and support standard “POST”
and “GET” (query string) protocols to send a request and information
to our server.
”POST” and “GET” data transfer methods to a URL
is commonly used in Internet communications. It is available in all operating
systems like UNIX, LINUX and WINDOWS. You may use PERL, JAVA, ASP, or
simple HTML to send a request to our servers using APIs. A simple Internet
browser can serve as an API client and can send request to our server
and than receive the result in various formats like HTML or XML.